Google
 

Sunday, June 24, 2007

What the heck is this blog about?

Good question. Let's get to that, shall we?

I recently graduated college with a degree in English. I'm currently en route towards getting my master's in English with a concentration in writing. This guy must be a real snore right? Well, maybe. Give me a chance.

In between reading and writing for my own classes and for pleasure, I'm going to be teaching incoming freshman the art of writing. I've tutored students in writing for the past few years and I've noticed that a good majority of them don't know how to write on a college level. Even the ones that do know how to don't necessarily enjoy it. That's where I come in. I want to change that.

In this blog, I'm going to help you hone your writing skills and help you enjoy yourself in college. I'm going to help you write creatively. I'm going to help you avoid common mistakes that students make. I'm going to help you find books, poetry, and short stories that aren't going to put you to sleep. I'm still young and I know what you like. I want you to share the same passion for the pen and paper that I have.

But wait! There's more! I'm also going to discuss the writer's life outside of writing. Occasionally I'll give you a hand with college life in general because no one helped me out when I was in your shoes. A good diversion from writing keeps us all a little sane.

Keep your eyes peeled for my first series that deals with freshman beginning their collegiate journey. I'll be discussing what to expect, how to prepare, and maybe make a few reading suggestions to stop your brain from rotting away over the next 2 months. Enjoy!

No comments: